Annual Starved Rock Ride Date Changed
From Patrick King, Activities Director...
We are moving the date of this year's Starved Rock Ride (a second time) to Sunday April 22nd due to the weather.
(This now falls on the same day as the Walneck's Motorcycle Swap-Meet at the McHenry County Fairgrounds - https://walneckswap.com/Events/Swap-Meet-Calendar)
CRBMW has a long tradition of starting the season with a ride to Starved Rock State Park. This year’s ride takes place on Sunday, April 22nd.
Plan to join us! You can ride there on your own (there are plenty of good routes on either side of the river), or you can join one of the two groups heading there.
- --One group will be led by Fran Kokes, and will meet at 8:58 a.m. at the Southbound O’Hare Oasis on I-294 (Tri-State Tollway) Kickstands up and departing at 9:12 sharp. https://goo.gl/maps/6HnEQuJ54s82
- --Another group will be led by Jerry Sjostrom. Meet at 9:00 a.m. at Panera Bread in the Willowbrook Town Center, 7165 Kingery Highway (Route 83), Willowbrook. https://goo.gl/maps/rXBgL3LfVET2
When we arrive at Starved Rock, we’d like to meet in the upper parking lot near the lodge before noon, and take a group photo.
Keep in mind this is the first ride of the season for many, and extra caution & courtesy is called for.
Some of the "rules" we follow--
1. Watch the roadway surfaces and be aware of leaves, loose gravel, potholes, et cetera.
2. Once underway, keep in the same position—NO passing—we're all going to the same place.
3. On two lane roads, ride in staggered formation--keep a reasonable interval.
4. At any place where the group turns, wait to make sure the rider behind you has observed the group's turn.
5. You're responsible for the rider behind you at any turn or ambiguous section!
6. If at any point you're uncomfortable with the group, just pull over at a safe spot and wave the group on.
If you haven't been there before, it might be a good idea to bring a map with you. That way, should you get separated from your group, you won’t have a problem catching the group at the Park.