Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

VERY cool scenery!

More
5 months 1 week ago #1205 by fran kokes
Replied by fran kokes on topic VERY cool scenery!
I notice that this thread got a bunch of 'views'. But it doesn't show which post got which number of views? Probably not important but could have been very entertaining as to which video was more popular.
fran
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick King

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 15 hours ago #1165 by fran kokes
Lets see if this one works?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Williamson, Patrick King

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #1139 by fran kokes

Michael Williamson wrote: Uh-oh.

Ok? Here is a re-post of the link. If it doesn't embed, too bad. Of all the bike carp-ola that I have seen or has been sent to me, this one never fails to entertain.

about 90secs

Tim here-- posting another little test video to see whether it embeds or not:
about 12 sec --and, as you can see, it does! Seems that if you copy a link to a YouTube video (right-click, copy link, then paste link into a post here) and it has "....com/watch?v=…." in the middle of it the video clip will be embedded in the post. I hope I will remember this little tidbit when I eventually have to do this again! --Tim
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Tim Colburn. Reason: Experimenting with embedded video

• Michael Williamson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 months 1 week ago #1138 by Michael Williamson
Replied by Michael Williamson on topic VERY cool scenery!
Uh-oh.

• Tim Colburn
  • Tim Colburn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 1 week ago #1137 by Tim Colburn
Replied by Tim Colburn on topic VERY cool scenery!
Heh. So I thought I would look at the video file type and try to figure out why you were able to post it. I gotta stop trying to do Forum stuff on my iPad, 'cause somehow I managed to lose the whole message--including of course the video. (Second time something like this has happened to me while I was using my iPad to do Forum editing!)

So the mystery remains. --Tim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Williamson, Patrick King

More
6 months 1 week ago #1126 by fran kokes

Michael Williamson wrote: I'm curious as to how you were able to imbed the video in the Forum post instead of less compelling link. Please let us know.

Essentially, I don't know. I musta just got lucky? I grabbed it out of ADVRider and thought that I was posting it as a link to YouTube. Imagine my surprise to see it ready to go in the Forum? You might try asking our ever-luvin Dear Forum Mod, The Mighty Tim Colburn, to shed some light on this?

Ya think that the imbed will wake some members up to the joys of this Forum? My guess, prolly not.

digitally impaired,
fran

ps: I subscribed to ever' damn thing on this forum (thanx, Tim!) just so I don't miss your posts in particular and any other fun that might come along. THATS how come I can now respond to your forum ride invites in a timely manner. Ain't this... fun?

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds