Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

Stranded Overlanders

• Michael Williamson
  • Michael Williamson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 days 12 hours ago - 6 days 12 hours ago #1292 by Michael Williamson
Replied by Michael Williamson on topic Stranded Overlanders
I don’t know that the Order prohibits motorcycle riding. You can ride to the grocery store, the pharmacy, bank, the gas station, and to the doctor. There’s a nice grocery store near La Crosse, Wisconsin that I’ve been wanting to try.
Last edit: 6 days 12 hours ago by Michael Williamson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 14 hours ago #1290 by fran kokes
Replied by fran kokes on topic Stranded Overlanders
Yep. Some adventure goes sideways. When it does, some adventures deal pretty well and some less so. For me, real aggravation starts when I have a perfectly functioning bike and can't ride it.
fran
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Williamson

• Michael Williamson
  • Michael Williamson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 days 16 hours ago - 6 days 16 hours ago #1289 by Michael Williamson
Stranded Overlanders was created by Michael Williamson
If anyone can handle even more pandemic-related news, there are some interesting overland travel-related blogs and social media pages that are now chronicling the new twist that COVID-19-related lockdowns have thrust upon overland travelers on both two and four wheels.

Getting stranded someplace due to a breakdown, political unrest, or injury is always a possibility on an international adventure trip, but the timeline for getting oneself back on the road is usually relatively short. Now, many moto adventurers on long international trips have suddenly found themselves stuck in a country that they are not likely to be able to leave for quite some time as both land borders and flights are shut down. Many have opted to leave their vehicles in long-term storage and fly home when it was possible, some have simply abandoned their belongings and came home. Still others have taken up temporary residence in a place far from home, and seem to be taking it in stride as they ride this out in little remote fishing villages in warm climates and the like. Some who were lucky enough to have been able to catch one of the last flights out have, surprisingly, been complaining about lousy service from the airline. I guess there are some who can never be pleased.

Read more on ADVRider.com , the Pan American Riders Association and Pan American Travelers Association Facebook pages.
Last edit: 6 days 16 hours ago by Michael Williamson.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds