Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

Drummer With a Singletrack Mind - by Neil Peart

More
1 week 6 days ago #1183 by fran kokes
Replied by fran kokes on topic Drummer With a Singletrack Mind - by Neil Peart

Michael Williamson wrote: Seems like an appropriate time to resurrect this old thread, and include a working link to the article.

BMWON Article

Thanx. I had read Ghost Rider but not the BMWON article. Neil was an avid reader and the list of books mentioned in Ghost Rider has kept me busy catching up. Fortunately, I had read a bunch in my yoot and was gratified to know that another biker had read them too. I would have luv'd to share book ideas with him. It ain't for nothing that the club now has (for the past year) a "2 Minute B.S. Book Review" moment at the club meetings. We shoulda been keeping track of the books presented but we didn't think to do so. Any members who can remember any of those books should list 'em. I suspect that Neil would have very much enjoyed knowing that there is a bike club with a library that luv's books as much as he did.

fran -any damn fool can share knowledge, try sharing wisdom if you think that you're so damn good

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Williamson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 weeks 11 hours ago #1182 by Michael Williamson
Replied by Michael Williamson on topic Drummer With a Singletrack Mind - by Neil Peart
Seems like an appropriate time to resurrect this old thread, and include a working link to the article.

BMWON Article

• Larry Scalzitti
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #446 by Larry Scalzitti
Replied by Larry Scalzitti on topic Drummer With a Singletrack Mind - by Neil Peart
Did you see the article about him in the BMWMOA On magazine a few years ago? If not, I can probably find it and share it with you at the next meeting. Let me know, Larry

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." G.Harrison via L. Carroll
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick King

• Thomas Lunde
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 4 months ago #443 by Thomas Lunde

• Thomas Lunde
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 4 months ago #442 by Thomas Lunde
An interesting article about touring through England on a BMW R1200GS by Rush drummer Neil Peart. I never knew what a "shunpiker" was but I think that applies to a lot of members.

neilpeart.net/index.php/space-for-news-i...mmer-singletrack-min

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds