Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

Hello!

• Charlie Post
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #854 by Charlie Post
Replied by Charlie Post on topic Hello!
Hi WL!
I hope all goes well and you get the gig. From where are you coming? I find Chicago a great place to work and live.
I'm sidelined from work for a while with a newborn at home. However I'm sure someone from the community would be more than happy to meet up with you. Best of luck!
Cheers,
-Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #853 by Tim Colburn
Replied by Tim Colburn on topic Hello!
Welcome! Hope the interview process, etc., goes well, and that you’ll be able to join our riding community. By the way, we also have a Facebook page which you might like to check out.

Yours in the sport,
Tim C.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #852 by White Lightning
Replied by White Lightning on topic Hello!
Hi Charlie and hello all,

Was headhunted this week for an executive position in Chicago. Haven’t interviewed yet. A big plus for me will be making moto friends, upping my off-road skills, and even gaining professional “contacts” through the riding network—since I’d be new to Chicago and the job would be freaking demanding. Work sleep ride repeat!

I’m a woman so I hope you’ll laugh or at least smile when I ask—are there any other suits out there who think it’s a good idea for me to take this job???? How often do rides tend to happen? Where is the epicenter of the club activity? Do people socialize afterwords? Howbout grabbing a drink when I get an interview date? Will be close to downtown Chicago.

WL
2018 R12GS

• Charlie Post
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 months 1 week ago #846 by Charlie Post
Hello! was created by Charlie Post
Hi,
I ride a '78 R80/7 and just joined CRBMW, as well as the ABC. I moved to Chicago a few years ago, and retrieved my ride from NY last summer - my first one off in 10 years! Since then I've been getting my "stuff" together, joining the MOA and attending my first rally in July. I eventually made my way from the Airheads tent to the CRBMW tent during the closing ceremony and talked to a nice guy there, even though he wasn't riding a BMW... :huh:

Anywho, I hope to meet some of you at the Evanston Motorcycle Classic!
Cheers,
-Charlie

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds