Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

Frank’s Diner

• Michael Williamson
  • Michael Williamson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 weeks 13 hours ago #911 by Michael Williamson
Replied by Michael Williamson on topic Frank’s Diner
Here’s a little history on Frank’s Diner, from their website:

In 1926, there was some real excitement in downtown Kenosha when six horses pulled Franks Diner to the spot where it stands today. The structure was built by the Jerry O'Mahoney company in New Jersey and shipped to Kenosha on a railroad flat car.

Anthony Franks, who first learned of the unique restaurant opportunity through a magazine article, paid $7,500 plus $325 in shipping charges to launch his business. He added a dining room in 1935 and a larger kitchen in the mid 1940s.

The Franks family operated Franks Diner until 2001 when it was purchased by Kris Derwae, Lynn Groleau and Chris Schwartz. In 2006 Derwae moved on, but Lynn and Chris kept on cookin'! The original atmosphere and delicious food continue on. Franks Diner is now owned and operated by Julie Rittmiller and Kevin Ervin.

Franks Diner is proud to have been voted Best Breakfast and Best Diner in Kenosha County 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Williamson
  • Michael Williamson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 weeks 13 hours ago - 2 weeks 13 hours ago #910 by Michael Williamson
Frank’s Diner was created by Michael Williamson
After flirting with the idea of joining the Gravel Road Motorcycling Meetup group today for some gravel roads around Elburn, Illinois, I decided on a shorter paved road ride with an earlier return time. Joni’s Diner was the plan, but the severe backup at the 90/94 junction changed my plans.

Instead, I decided on Frank’s Diner in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Northbound on the Edens to US-41, then a right on Delaney Road after Lake Bluff. Delaney is straight but a little rolling, and the scenery gets pretty pastoral and nice after Wadsworth.

Right turn on Russell Road, the state line, and left on US-31, and it’s “Welcome to Wisconsin!”

A right turn onto scenic and curvy Springbrook Road took me through Pleasant Prairie, and then on to Sheridan Road to 58th Street to Frank’s, an authentic (although a little modified) James O’Mahoney diner.

What a great, classic diner! It’s always packed on weekends, so an early arrival is best.

A “light” breakfast this time.

Today’s ride was a nice, shorter, ride and I only hit a little rain on the way home.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 13 hours ago by Michael Williamson. Reason: Add information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick King

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds